mardi 29 mai 2012

Maya the Metal bellydance

Maya by Rasha Bedhiafi

"Many experts say belly dancing is the oldest form of dance, having roots in all ancient cultures from the orient to India to the mid-East. Probably the greatest misconception about belly dancing is that it is intended to entertain men..."
some people choose to belly dance on Metal music so here we are with the tunisian metal belly dancer Maya that will told us about her story with this kind of art

-Hello Maya,In this previous days we saw your first metal bellydance video and we noticed from the comments on youtube that there are some people are interested, So first of all can you present yourself?

-Hello, before i start i would like to thank this intiative from "The World Of Art" that invited me for this interview.. Anyway I'm Meryem Hammemi knowen as Maya, I'm Tunisian, I have some turkish in my blood, I'm living in Tunis, I'm a litterature student, I love belly dancing and metal music because i'm a metalhead... So that's it !

-Great, so would you tell us your opinion about those who are interested by your video?

-Actually i'm so happy because of that specially because it is my first one and i would like all the people that supported me and shared my video.


-And how did you get the idea to record this video and be the first Metal belly dancer of Tunisia and how much you've been learning this, because we see you are skilled, and why you choosed a song of Myrath?

-Well, sincerly as i told you i love belly dance since i was a child and i was teaching myself how to do it, i didn't have classes because of some personal problems... anyway from a long period i was always watching some metal belly dance videos of an amazing belly dancer called Kahina Spirit, and i'm so inspired by her, she is really an icreadible belly dancer, so one day i contacted her, and we talked a lot about this kind of dance and i told her that i love to belly dance on Metal; i also told her that i'm ispired by her videos,  then i did show her an old private video of mine wich was filmed one year ago; and when she saw it she told me that i was good and she told me about some mistakes that i have to fix it saying that she believed i would be better if that video filmed one year ago, she really encouraged me a lot to record my first video, hope i will acheive more in the futur!!
For the song, i choosed the music of Myrath because they are great and they are my country band... i'm proud of them and it's an honor  for me to start my videos on a song of them ...

- You said to start with a song of them so you think you will continue in reacording these kind of videos?

- Yes of course and i already filmed another video also on a song of Myrath i will post it soon

-Oh really! also on a song of Myrath? so you think in the futur you'll go on stage with them?
-Sincerly this is not my goal but i really would have totaly the honor to take a part of their show, so who knows...

-And you think your videos will be only on the songs of Myrath

-Well, i just choosed to start my videos on their sound as i told you, but in the futur i think i will record metal bellydance videos on some songs of other bands like Orphaned land, Haggard, Draconian...


-Great! Finally we wish you all the best and the good luck, and we thank you for giving us you time and telling us about your passion of metal belly dance.

-You are welcome!

Facebook FanPage